Friday, October 1, 2010

Sweden is finally on the Google Android market radar!

Google has finally announced support for paid Android apps for Swedish developers and users! This is a huge thing for Swedish Android users and developers and I'm sure this addition along with the other newly opened markets will be a boost to the whole market!

What will this mean for Dweller you may ask? At the moment nothing will change. Dweller will remain free of charge. I may at some point try out the market and see if I can attract some attention, but I would prefer to keep Dweller free. My only wish would be that more users who find the game fun would consider donating via Paypal, either in-game or via the link here on the blog.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for posting this in a comment but I see no better place: where am I supposed to report a bug? Have You thought about a forum or a special e-mail account for bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Björn, first please keep Dweller FREE! Next, dont forget support j2me phones!!!

    Besides, i have some tips for you:
    1. Make items destructable (even books). It will depend on its quality
    2. Remove Book of Draining!!! Its VERY easy to win with it
    3. Add some NPC's in game: Weapon/armor dealer, Healer, Oracle (make open the map)
    4. Make minimap
    ...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bjorn! First please keep Dweller FREE! Next dont forget to support j2me phones!

    Some ideas^
    1. Make items destructable (even books).
    2. Make minimap
    3. Remove Book of Draining. Its VERY easy to win with it!
    4. Add NPCs: weapon/armor dealer, healer, oracle (open the map)
    ...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Piciek: Please send me an e-mail, bjorn dot ritzl snail gmail dot com, or post the bug here. I do not have a forum set up for Dweller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @JohnBrown: I will ofcourse continue to support both the J2ME version and the desktop, J2SE version. No need to worry there! I will try to work on J2ME performance in a coming release as well since the screen flickers a bit on some slower handsets.

    1. I have added destructable items to my todo list
    2. Check out 1.5.1 :-)
    3. Book of Draining (or draining in general) has been nerfed in 1.5.1
    4. I will work more with NPCs and questgivers in a future version

    ReplyDelete