Monday, July 26, 2010

Dweller 1.0 released

I released a new version of Dweller today. The new version comes packed with goodies, most notably a well deserved graphical overhaul, courtesy of Oryx. The graphics also comes with simple idle animations. In the next version I have plans for things like attack and spell animations.

In this version I have also decided to remove the ASCII version of the display completely and make the game more accessible to new players outside of the roguelike scene.

Another brand new feature is the merchant on the surface from whom you can buy and sell items. This should increase survivability quite a bit and make the game easier.

Download from:
http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Dweller#Download_and_Installation_instructions

Change log:

NEW Brand new graphics
NEW Simple idle animations
NEW Merchant on the surface to buy and sell from
NEW Scroll of Recall to move between surface and deepest dungeon level visited

CHANGE ASCII mode removed

FIX Null pointer on rare occasion when switching level
FIX Null pointer when viewing an empty inventory/ability category
FIX Runetime exception when restarting the game after it has been halted (Android)

2 comments:

  1. I love the game. It's disappointing that the ASCII display mode won't be an option anymore though, it's the reason I first downloaded the game. Of course the new graphics are awesome too!

    As a fan I just wanted to say I appreciate all the work you put into this. It's easily the best game I can think of for mobile phones.

    I haven't played 1.0 yet but I'm looking forward to trying it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Once I get the new version stable I may consider reintroducing the ascii mode, but I won't promise anything.

    ReplyDelete