Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dweller for Android released!

I'm happy to announce my first release of Dweller for Google Android! The version is a bit of a beta version, but is perfectly playable. I want to improve the UI and graphics much more before I can say that I have a proper version for Android.

Dweller for Android can be downloaded for free from the Android marketplace (do a search for Dweller and you should be able to find it), via this direct URL: market://search?q=pname:org.roguelikedevelopment.dweller.android or using the QR-code on this page.

New versions for J2ME and J2SE have also been released, but not much has changed since the last release. Changes and additions:

NEW All text now has a small drop shadow

CHANGE Locked the navigation keys completely from being redefined as it risks screwing things up if redefined the wrong way

CHANGE Added left/right commands as valid ways of navigating back and forth in menues (this used to work in old versions and is now back on player request)

Download from: http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Dweller

4 comments:

  1. I'm not able to see this in Market. Is it restricted to certain devices or Market areas or Android versions? Are you able to host an APK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the slow response Jamie. Dweller is currently for Android 2.1 and above only. I will try and add backward compatibility in a future version. If you have a 2.1 handset and still can't find it maybe you could try the QR code I added to the blog post and see if that helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah no worries. I've got Donut (1.6) so that would be why. Thankyou for the reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Please keep an eye on this blog the coming weeks. I will try and get 1.5/1.6 support in to the next release.

    ReplyDelete